I am having a blast making these cascade cards. So long as you have two pieces of card the same size you really can make these any size to suit your needs.
Here are a few that I've been making
This is a BIG card!! I used two pieces of A2 card (17"x 22" is the USA equivalent) The papers are from the cupcake range made by DO Crafts and the 3 dimensional teddies are also from a DO Craft pack. The cupcakes, lettering, and scalloped arches are from the Cricut and the butterflies are a paper punch.
This card is half the size of the one above. This was made using two pieces of A4 card (8 1/2" x 11")
This is even smaller!! Half the size again of the one above. This was made using two pieces of A5 card.
"That's all very well, Mandi, but how do you make them" I hear you say. Well, here we go!!
I will be giving you both editorial and pictorial guidance on how to make these cards.
Okay....you will need
1 x A4 card cut in half to give you two A5 pieces (for this I will be using a piece each of blue and pink to help you), a pencil, a ruler and either a craft knife or a paper trimmer.
1. Take your pieces of card and score each one in half. Now draw pencil lines on each section at the halfway mark
2. On one piece, mark the half way point up the left hand edge and draw a line from there to the top right corner of the piece, then cut this section off. Repeat with the second piece, only this time using the right hand side.
3. Now take the left hand piece and measure up the pencil line on each section to the half way point. Make a mark and then cut up from the base to the mark. Repeat with the right hand piece, but cut DOWN from the top. If you don't do this the two cards can't slot together!!
4. Now take the two pieces and place them side by side with the widest sections touching. Take the left hand piece and drop it down onto the right hand piece allowing the slots to interlock.
5. Now that you know how to make it, you can take it apart and start to decorate your card.
This card can be made with ANY size of card stock provided that they are both the same size to start with.